The Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is an extremely quiet, portable inverter generator. The WH2200iXLT is a lightweight generator that outputs a maximum wattage of 2200 watts. It’s able to provide continuous wattage up to 1800 watts too.
In the review, we’re going to have a detailed look at the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, including what we like about it, what we don’t, and what its most common uses are. We’ll also provide a recommendation at the end of the review on what we think of the generator in comparison to other similar models that are available on the market.
Westinghouse is a name that has always been associated with the power generation industry. Westinghouse was in fact, the first company to come up with the idea of a generator in order to provide mobile power in the 1800s. The first electrical generator made use of a steam engine’s movements in order to generate electrical energy.
The knowledge and expertise that Westinghouse has gained as an organization in the industry is perfectly demonstrated in the WH2200iXLT. This Westinghouse unit has been in fact so positively reviewed that it is one of the most durable and reliable generators that are available for consumers to purchase.
With 1800 running watts and a peak wattage of 2200, the WH2200iXLT is more than powerful enough to power a number of smaller devices, as well as a couple of larger appliances throughout your home should you be affected by a power cut for example. A running wattage of 1800 watts is more than sufficient to keep the most used appliances going – your fridge-freezer, lighting, and phone lines.
As well as being ideal for proving backup power to your home during a loss, it’s also great for using in a number of situations in which a high-quality portable generator is paramount. For example, the WH2200iXLT makes it a great unit for camping as well as using in conjunction with an RV, due to its lightweight feature and good reserves of power.
Whilst a lot of portable generators are guilty of putting out an unstable power current, the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT is certainly not. The reason for this is that it’s fitted with an extremely high-quality inverter. This inverter ensures that the power that the generator outputs have very minimal total harmonic distortion – in this case, less than 3%. This constant supply of safe and clean power means that small and sensitive electronics can be safely powered directly by the WH2200iXLT. This is extremely convenient and increases the versatility of the generator even more.
- Maximum output wattage of 2200 watts
- Running wattage of 1800 watts
- Powerful petrol=powered engine
- Inverter generator – the power that the WH2200iXLT outputs is extremely clean and safe for use with all electronics, no matter how sensitive, without fear of damage.
- Less than 3% total harmonic distortion present in the power output by the generator
- Very lightweight, weighing in at only 43 lbs
- 3 different power outlets – the WH2200iXLT has two 120V 20A AC power outlets that are ideal for plugging in larger home appliances to. There’s also a covered up 12V power outlet that’s very handy if you would like to charge smaller devices and batteries, but not occupy the space of one of the larger power outlets
- More than capable of running the vast majority of essential appliances around the home, with 1800 watts of running power and 2200 watts of peak power
- Very quiet and inconspicuous – the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT operates very very quietly, at a mere 52dB of sound.
- Fuel-Efficient/Economic – this generator has a runtime of up to 13 hours from one tank of fuel
- Nicely sized 1.3-gallon fuel tank – this fuel tank as previously mentioned provides 13 hours of run time – a huge amount from just 1.3 gallons of petrol
- Parallel Connectivity Available – the WH2200iXLT can be connected in parallel with another WH2200iXLT in order to double the total power output that you have available to use. Parallel connectivity is also great if you know that you are not going to need all of that power regularly – it allows you to just carry one generator and to have a very portable unit, meaning that you can take two only when needed. This is a lot more convenient and economical than constantly running and moving around one large powerful unit
- A very good residential warranty period of 1000 hours/3 years usage
- Commercial warranty is only 1 year/1000 hours
In conclusion, there really are very few downsides that we could find to the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT. It’s portable, aesthetically pleasing, lightweight, and powerful. It’s also an inverter generator, meaning that you can power any kind of device, and in any location.
With 2200 peak watts and 1800 running watts, it’s more than powerful enough to support the majority of appliances in and around the home in the event of power loss. Moreover, any generator that’s made by Westinghouse can be relied upon, and, in the event that a defect is present, Westinghouse’s fantastic customer service will be right on hand to help.
If you like the sound of the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, be sure to check out the Honda EU2200i too. You can read our full review of it right here.