Westinghouse is the oldest name in power generation. Starting over a century ago, they came up with the concept of power generation with steam engines. Ever since their humble beginnings, they’ve been at the forefront of engineering, power generation, and therefore generators.
When you purchase a Westinghouse generator, you can be unequivocally sure that you’re spending your money on a well-built, high-quality product that’s going to serve you as it should for a number of years. A Westinghouse product is a true long-term investment.
Westinghouse WGen7500 – The Most PowerfulThe Westinghouse WGen7500 is a very powerful generator that comes equipped with a number of advanced features. It’s got a lot of power, being able to provide 7500 watts of coninuous power. It’s starting wattage is 9000, which makes this unit among the most powerful portable generators on the market.
The WGen7500 has a 6.6 gallons tank and runs on gasoline. It’s also got an impressive runtime of up to 18 hours, dependant on how much of its potential you’re using. If you’d like to use this generator as a backup to power important appliances in your home, it’s got more than enough power to do so.
The WGen7500 has all the extra features you might expect to be fitted to one of Westinghouse’s generators. It’s got a built-in fuel gauge so you can rest assured you are not going to unexpectedly find yourself running out of fuel. It also has an automatic oil shutdown system. This protects the engine from any untoward damage. All its power outlets have overload protection, as well as a twist lock outlet that is perfect for keeping those bigger appliances powered.
Westinghouse is the oldest name in power generation, and the firm has maintained a coveted reputation over the years due to the famous reliability and quality of their product line. The WGen7500 is no exception.
- Electric Starting – you won’t need to spend time with a recoil start, as is the case with a lot of other generators in this power range.
- Remote Start – This generator can also be started remotely from anywhere within 109 yards. This facility comes as standard with a key fob.
- Portable – the WGen7500 is fitted with robots and heavy-duty wheels, which makes transporting and maneuvering easy.
- Powerful – the performance is very impressive, especially when you consider this generator outputs 7500 watts and is still very portable
- Economical – will run for up to 18 hours on a single tank of gasoline
- Automatic Low Oil Level Detection and Shutdown – if the oil level falls too low the operation automatically stops to prevent engine damage.
- At 64dB this is not among the quieter generators in its class
The Most Portable – Westinghouse iGen2200The Westinghouse iGen2200 is a small and powerful generator with a maximum starting wattage of 2200 watts. The iGen2200 is a small generator that’s the most portable on our list of the top 3 Westinghouse generators. Its portability makes it great for taking anywhere, be that use with your RV, camping, or at a market.
It’s got a 1.2-gallon fuel tank and is a fuel-efficient generator. It’s able to operate at 25% of its load for over 11 hours.
The iGen2200 also has the capability to be connected in parallel with another iGen2200. This is a great feature if only 2200 watts of starting power isn’t enough to power a single heavier or more small appliances. Parallel connectivity means that you can combine the power output of one iGen2200 with that of another.
It’s a quiet unit at just 52 decibels when being used at a quarter of its potential. It’s fitted with mufflers and is in a very soundproof enclosure – even if you’re using the iGen2200 in an area that has sound restrictions in place, you won’t need to worry.
The iGen2200 has four different power outlets fitted – it has two standard 120v sockets and another 2 USB outlets. This good selection of power sockets means that a number of different devices can be plugged into the generator and used/charged simultaneously.
The iGen2200 is fitted with an inverter, meaning that the current that’s output by it is very clean and safe. It has minimal harmonic distortion making it safe for use with all appliances, no matter how small or large they are. It can just as easily be used to charge a small phone or battery as it can be to power a large appliance.
It’s a very small generator weighing in at only 46 lbs. It’s very portable and easy to use wherever you go.
- Small, lightweight, and portable
- Fuel efficient
- Outputs safe power with minimal harmonic distortion due to its advanced inverter
- Very fuel efficient as the engine will only run at the speed that’s necessary to provide the required power output
- With a starting wattage of 2200 watts, it’s not suitable for powering larger appliances and machinery
Westinghouse WGEN3600DF Portable Generator – The Best Dual FuelThe WGen3600DF from Westinghouse is a power generator that can be fuelled by both propane and gasoline.
When being fuelled by gasoline, it’s got a starting wattage of 4650 watts and is able to push out a running wattage of 3600 watts. When running on propane, it’s got a maximum power output of 4180 watts, and 3240 watts of running power.
There’s a selector switch built into the generator’s control panel too, meaning that you can easily transfer between the two fuel options whenever you’d like. It’s also got very well-placed buttons that make it easy to know and remember what each button is for, even for new users.
There are extra safety features built into the WGen3600DF too, including a low oil detection system and automatic engine halting if the oil level drops too low. The WGen3600 isn’t a disturbing generator to run either, being fitted with a high-quality muffler to dampen the sound.
The3600DF only weighs 109 lbs – for a 4650-watt generator, it is extremely portable indeed. Its portability is greatly aided by the wheel kit and handle.
- Easy to start– the WGen3600DF has a recoil starter as well as an electric starter, and a remote starting option
- Fuel-Efficient– the fuel tank in this Westinghouse unit is 4 gallons in size, and keep providing power for more than 19 hours.
- Good number of power outlets – as well as having regular household outlets, the WGen3600DF has an RV-Ready socket. It’s extremely convenient and avoids the needs for adapators.
- Durable and hardwearing
- CARB compliant
- Isn’t all that lightweight, at 109 lbs
The WGen7500 is by far the most powerful generator on our list of the 3 best Westinghouse generators. It’s got a maximum wattage of 7500 and is more than capable of providing backup power to a large number of appliances at the same time. It’ suitable for larger appliances and heavy machinery, and is portable as it comes complete with a wheel kit. It truly is a beast of a generator – it would be our choice of Westinghouse. It’s got portability and is able to cover power needs in a vast variety of different situations.
The iGen2200 is the lightest and most portable generator on our list. Even though it only weighs 46 lbs, it’s still able to run for over 11 hours on a single tank of fuel. The power that it generates is safe for all devices too, since it’s fitted with an inverter. If you’re looking for a small and portable generator that’s got a good power output, you need look no further than the iGen2200.
The WGen3600DF is a dual fuel generator with very long runtimes. When being fuelled by propane, it’s able to run for up to 20 hours. It’s a versatile generator that’s powerful, portable, and can conveniently be fuelled by either propane or gasoline. It’s got an RV-Ready socket, and can also be started remotely.
Last update on 2019-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API