Westinghouse is the oldest name in power generation. Starting over a century ago, they came up with the concept of power generation with steam engines. Ever since their humble beginnings, they’ve been at the forefront of engineering, power generation, and therefore generators.
When you purchase a Westinghouse generator, you can be unequivocally sure that you’re spending your money on a well-built, high-quality product that’s going to serve you as it should for a number of years. A Westinghouse product is a true long-term investment.
The Most Powerful – Westinghouse WGen7500The Westinghouse WGen7500 is a powerful generator that comes equipped with a number of advanced features. It’s got a lot of power, being able to provide 7500 watts of power continually. It’s got a starting wattage of 9000, and for this reason is one of the most powerful portable generators that are available.
The WGen7500 has a 6.6 gallons tank and runs on gasoline. It’s also got an impressive runtime of up to 18 hours, dependant on how much of its potential you’re using. If you’d like to use this generator as a backup to power important appliances in your home, it’s got more than enough power to do so.
The WGen7500 has all of the extra features that you would expect to be fitted to a Westinghouse generator. It’s got a fuel gauge built-in so you can be sure that you’re never going to run out of fuel unexpectedly, as well as an automatic oil shutdown system protecting the engine from damage. It’s also got overload protection on all power outlets, and also a twist lock outlet that is ideal for keeping those bigger appliances powered.
Westinghouse is the oldest name in power generation, and they have maintained a very good reputation over their years in operation due to the well-known reliability and quality of all of their products. The WGen7500 is no exception.
- Electric Starting – you won’t need to spend time with a recoil start, as is the case with a lot of other generators in this power range.
- Remote Start – The WGen7500 can be started remotely too, from anywhere within 109 yards of the generator. This is provided as standard and comes with a key fob.
- Portable – the WGen7500 comes fitted with heavy-duty wheels as well as robots. This makes transporting and maneuvering the generator easy.
- Powerful – extremely impressive considering this generator outputs 7500 watts and is still very portable
- Economical – will run for up to 18 hours on a single tank of gasoline
- Automatic Low Oil Level Detection and Shutdown – if the oil level in the WGen7500 becomes too low, the generator’s operation will be automatically stopped to prevent engine damage.
- Not one of the quieter generators in its class at 64dB
The Most Portable – Westinghouse iGen2200The Westinghouse iGen2200 is a small and powerful generator with a maximum starting wattage of 2200 watts. The iGen2200 is a small generator that’s the most portable on our list of the top 3 Westinghouse generators. Its portability makes it great for taking anywhere, be that use with your RV, camping, or at a market.
It’s got a 1.2-gallon fuel tank and is a fuel-efficient generator. It’s able to operate at 25% of its load for over 11 hours.
The iGen2200 also has the capability to be connected in parallel with another iGen2200. This is a great feature if only 2200 watts of starting power isn’t enough to power a single heavier or more small appliances. Parallel connectivity means that you can combine the power output of one iGen2200 with that of another.
It’s a quiet unit at just 52 decibels when being used at a quarter of its potential. It’s fitted with mufflers and is in a very soundproof enclosure – even if you’re using the iGen2200 in an area that has sound restrictions in place, you won’t need to worry.
The iGen2200 has four different power outlets fitted – it has two standard 120v sockets and another 2 USB outlets. This good selection of power sockets means that a number of different devices can be plugged into the generator and used/charged simultaneously.
The iGen2200 is fitted with an inverter, meaning that the current that’s output by it is very clean and safe. It has minimal harmonic distortion making it safe for use with all appliances, no matter how small or large they are. It can just as easily be used to charge a small phone or battery as it can be to power a large appliance.
It’s a very small generator weighing in at only 46 lbs. It’s very portable and easy to use wherever you go.
- Small, lightweight, and portable
- Fuel efficient
- Outputs safe power with minimal harmonic distortion due to its advanced inverter
- Very fuel efficient as the engine will only run at the speed that’s necessary to provide the required power output
- With a starting wattage of 2200 watts, it’s not suitable for powering larger appliances and machinery
The Best Dual Fuel – Westinghouse WGEN3600DF Portable GeneratorThe WGen3600DF from Westinghouse is a power generator that can be fuelled by either propane or regular gasoline.
When being fuelled by gasoline, it’s got a starting wattage of 4650 watts and is able to push out 3600 watts of continuous power. When being fuelled by propane, it has a starting wattage of 4180 watts and will provide 3240 watts of continuous power.
There’s a selector switch built into the front of the generator’s control panel too, meaning that you can easily transfer between the two fuel options whenever you’d like. It’s also got color-coded buttons that make it easy to know and remember what each button is for, even for new users.
There are extra safety features built into the WGen3600DF too, including a low oil detection and automatic engine shutdown should the oil level become dangerously low. It’s also fitted with a muffler, making this WGen3600 dual fuel generator as quiet as it can be.
Whilst the generator is 109 lbs in weight, it’s easy to move around since it comes with a wheel kit attached.
It’s CARB compliant too, meaning you can be sure you’re having as small an impact as possible on the environment when using this generator and can use it anywhere in the US.
- Both electric and traditional pull start– the WGen3600 can be started with a standard recoil start or via an electric start button.
- Remote Start – the generator can be started from wherever you are in your home or wherever you are using it, via a remote
- Economical– the 4 gallon fuel tank fitted to the WGEN3600DF will provide you with power for a long time. If running on propane gas, it’ll give out 25% of its power for up to 20 hours.
- Has a large variety of sockets, including an RV-Ready TT-30R, making it quick and easy to plug your RV into should you need to.
- Durable – it’s encased in a hardwearing heavy-duty steel frame
- Not very lightweight weighing in at 109 lbs, wheel kit does make up for this however
The WGen7500 is by far the most powerful generator on our list of the 3 best Westinghouse generators. It’s got a maximum wattage of 7500 and is more than capable of providing backup power to a large number of appliances at the same time. It’ suitable for larger appliances and heavy machinery, and is portable as it comes complete with a wheel kit.
The iGen2200 is the lightest and most portable generator on our list. Even though it only weighs 46 lbs, it’s still able to run for over 11 hours on a single tank of fuel. The power that it generates is safe for all devices too, since it’s fitted with an inverter. If you’re looking for a small and portable generator that’s got a good power output, you need look no further than the iGen2200.
The WGen3600DF is a dual fuel generator with very long runtimes. When being fuelled by propane, it’s able to run for up to 20 hours. It’s a versatile generator that’s powerful, portable, and can conveniently be fuelled by either propane or gasoline. It’s got an RV-Ready socket, and can also be started remotely.