A remote start on any generator is a fantastic and very useful feature to have, as you will know should you ever have had the joy of using one. Above all, a remote start is simply quite a satisfying experience!
Whilst many may think of a remote starting feature on a generator as a bit of a novelty at first, they will soon come to realize that this is very far from the truth. A remote start can turn a unit from something that can be handy to have around, to something that’s an essential tool.
If a generator is fitted with a remote start, a lot of the time it can be started from any internet-connected device. This means you, assuming you have control of the generator, can start it from anywhere in the world. For example, if you had a home backup generator with remote start and you weren’t in the country at the time, you could ensure that your home was always powered no matter what.
Westinghouse iGen4500 – The Well-Priced Option
The iGen4500 is a powerful generator that runs on gasoline. It’s fitted with a large 3.4-gallon fuel tank, that is able to keep the generator running for up to 18 hours when being used at a quarter load. The iGen4500 can run even more efficiently when being used in its economy/efficiency mode.
When the iGen4500 is being used in economy mode, the engine runs at only the speed that is necessary to produce the amount of power that is required at that time.
The Westinghouse is very refined too – when running at a quarter capacity, it only produces 52 decibels of sound. For reference, this is quieter than the average human conversation.
It produces a maximum starting wattage of 4500 watts and a running wattage of 3700 watts. The power that it outputs is very safe for all devices too, since the unit is fitted with an inverter. This means that the current has less than 3% total harmonic distortion – making it safe for even the smallest, most sensitive devices.
It’s fitted with both remote start and electric start too – it’s extremely easy to start whether you’re right next to the button, or 100 yards away.
- Remote and button start – these are great. Unlike other pull cord generators, the iGen4500 is start-able either remotely or by simply pushing a button.
- 4500 watts peak power
- 3700 watts continuous power
- RV-ready – the iGen4500 has a number of different sockets. This Westinghouse allows you to plug your RV directly into the generator itself.
- Efficient – a large 3.4-gallon fuel tank that will keep this Westinghouse running for 18 hours when being used at 25% capacity.
- 18 hours run time
- USB ports installed – a very handy feature that’s not always common on larger generators like this one. Due to its advanced inverter technology, this generator is safe for all devices.
- 120V ac socket
- 120V RV-Ready TT-30R sockets
- LED data display showing everything you could possibly need to know – there’s a fuel gauge, power output level, runtime remaining, everything!
- Impressively quiet operation. The iGen4500 is amazingly quiet at just 58 decibels
- Lightweight – it weighs in at less than 100 pounds, but is still able to output of 4500 watts of power
- Can’t be connected in parallel with other generators
Westinghouse WGen7500 – The Most PowerfulThe WGen7500 from Westinghouse is a powerful generator that comes supplied with a number of features that are often only standard on more expensive units. It’s got a lot of power, being able to provide 7500 watts of power continually. It’s got a starting wattage of 9000, and for this reason, it is one of the most powerful portable generators that are available.
The WGen7500 has a 6.6-gallon gasoline tank that’s able to keep the generator going for up to 18 hours, dependant on how much of its capacity is being used. If you’d like to use this generator as a standby unit to power important appliances in your home, it’s got more than enough power to keep them going.
The WGen7500 has all of the extra features that you would expect to be fitted to a high-quality Westinghouse generator. It’s got a fuel gauge built-in so you can be sure that you’re never going to run out of fuel unexpectedly, as well as an automatic oil shutdown system protecting the engine from damage.
It’s fitted as standard with overload protection to prevent the risk of fire. and also a twist lock outlet that is ideal for keeping those bigger appliances powered.
Westinghouse is the oldest name in power generation, and they have maintained a very good reputation over their years in operation due to the well-known reliability and quality of all of their products. The WGen7500 is no exception.
- Remote Starter – The WGen7500 can be started remotely too, from anywhere within 109 yards of the generator. This is provided as standard and comes with a key fob.
- Electric Starter – you won’t need to spend time with a recoil start, as is the case with a lot of other generators in this power range.
- Peak wattage of 9000 watts
- Continuous wattage of 7500 watts
- Portable – the WGen7500 comes fitted with heavy-duty wheels as well as robots. This makes transporting and maneuvering the generator easy.
- Powerful – extremely impressive considering this generator outputs 7500 watts and is still very portable
- Economical – will run for up to 18 hours on a single tank of gasoline
- Automatic Low Oil Level Detection and Shutdown – if the oil level in the WGen7500 becomes too low, the generator’s operation will be automatically stopped to prevent engine damage.
- Not one of the quieter generators in its class at 64dB
Champion 75537I – The Inverter Generator
The Champion 75537I is a high-quality, powerful inverter generator with remote start made by Champion Power Equipment. It’s a gasoline powered generator that comes with some surprising features considering the price range that the unit is in.
It’s got a maximum starting wattage of 3100 watts, and a continuous output wattage of 2800 watts. As well as being a powerful unit, it’s got a good level of fuel efficiency too. From 1.5 gallons of gasoline, it’s able to keep going at 25% load for up to 8 hours.
The 75537I is a versatile unit – it’s great for use in and around the garden at home. It’s also ideal for use as a camping or RV generator. It’s very portable, coming fitted with a wheel kit that’s designed to be pulled over all terrains.
The 75537I is so versatile too as it is very refined. It runs at only 58 decibels, meaning it’s suitable for use on all campsites – even when noise restrictions are a worry. Being fitted with an inverter, this Champion Power Equipment unit is ideal for powering all sizes and types of devices – no matter how sensitive its power requirements may be.
- Remote Start – the 75537I can be started remotely
- Electric Start – no need to worry about recoil starts with the Champion 75537I. It’s fitted with an electric start button, making cold starts effortless.
- Maximum starting wattage of 3100 watts
- Maximum running wattage of 2800 watts
- Efficient – this generator’s fitted with Champion’s economy mode, meaning that the engine’s only run at the speed that’s required to output the current level of power. This means a massive fuel saving and quieter operation.
- Refined– the 75537I operates at only 58 decibels, it’s one of the quietest in its class.
- Inverter – the inverter that’s installed in this generator makes the power that it outputs just as suitable for powering large appliances, as it is small and sensitive devices.
- No 240V power socket like many others in its class.
- Quite heavy – although still portable, it’s not easy for everyone to lift at 95 lbs.
The Westinghouse iGen4500 is a very well-priced generator that offers a good amount of power. It’s extremely efficient too, being able to run for up to 18 hours from just 3.4 gallons of gasoline. It’s RV-ready too. However, generators in this power range are often capable of being connected in parallel with another unit, in case more power is required.
The Westinghouse WGen7500 is the most powerful generator here. It’s got a number of advanced features and offers the capability of being both very portable and very powerful. It’s a great buy, in our opinion.
We think the Champion 75537I is the best buy from our list of remote start generators – mainly due to how versatile it is. It can be started remotely, has an inverter meaning that it can power all devices, and is very refined. As well as this, it offers value for money and a great brand name.