Generac was one of the very first names on generators. It was a pioneer in generators that could be used on a smaller scale, such as those that are designed primarily for portable power or backing up smaller amounts of power, as opposed to heavy use.
Established over 60 years ago, Generac is an extremely successful name that has proven itself in both commercial and residential generator markets. Ever since Generac’s start, they have made high-quality portable generators that are used and trusted by many people, now all over the world.
What Sets Generac Apart From The Rest?
As well is making larger industrial scale generators and backup power sources, Generac honed in on the fact that smaller-scale generators were becoming more popular, those smaller-scale generators being used for residential purposes and more. For example, people started using these extremely useful little units for portable power just about anywhere they went, including camping, tailgating, the garden, just about anywhere!
Generac took the concept of the portable generator and made it a possibility. Not only this, it made sure that the portable generator was something that was easy for anyone to use and that was safe. Over the years, Generac has developed a number of different generators and generator types to ensure that it can cater to a variety of different customer’s needs.
There is no doubt that some Generac products do command a higher price than other brands, but the saying “you pay for what you get” is so very true in the world of generators. Generac offers products that you can depend upon for years to come, that are efficient, and that will continue to perform at their optimum performance for an awful lot longer than other competing brands. Over its time in operation, Generac has come up with some designs so good that they have been used by other generator-makers all over the world.
In this article, we’re going to review some of the best Generac generators that are available at the moment, thereby, some of the very best generators that are available at the moment period! We’ll cover both portable and backup generators.
Best Lightweight Portable Generator – Generac IQ2000The Generac IQ2000 defines what portable generators should be like. In as brief a description possible, it’s power-dense, lightweight, portable, and it looks great. It’s suitable for a diverse array of different situations, and is guaranteed to serve you well for years to come.
The IQ2000 is very easy to start with a recoil pull cord. Once running, the amount of power that you need the generator to output can be easily chosen via turning the power dial on the control panel of the generator.
One of the most special features about the IQ2000 is its ability to operate in three different modes. Not only does this save fuel, it makes the generator run as smoothly and as optimally as possible at all times. It allows the unit to be as refined as possible. The three modes of the generator are economy, standard, and turbo. Economy mode allows the IQ2000 to runs as efficiently as it possibly can. The standard mode doesn’t utilize the full potential of the generator but is a powerful mode that means the generator can still run quietly. Turbo mode is the most powerful setting for the generator and allows it to use its full running power of 1600 watts.
- Maximum Starting Power of 2000 watts
- Running Power Output of 1600 watts
- Quiet and refined, running at only 53 decibels
- Efficient – from the one gallon fuel tank inside the IQ2000, it will keep running at 25% capacity for up to 9 hours time
- Display – the IQ2000 has a runtime display that show’s roughly how much operating time is left in the generator. This figure will change dependant on how heavily or lightly the generator is being used at that time
- Parallel Connectivity – The IQ2000 can be connected in parallel with another iQ2000 to double the total power output available, as well as the amount of running power
The Most Powerful Portable – Generac 5734 GP15000EOne of the best things about portable generators from Generac is their power-density. The Generac 5734 GP15000E is just one of those generators. For a portable generator, the 5734 is packing a ridiculously large amount of power.
The 5734 has a starting wattage of 22500 watts. Yes, you read that correctly, 22500 watts in a portable generator is simply amazing. In addition to this, it’s got a massive 15000 watts of running power available and will keep running for up to 16 hours.
The 5734 GP15000E is great for heavy-use, hardwearing environments. Due to it’s sturdy and strong construction, the GP15000E is ideal for use on the construction site, or in conditions that it could get treated more harshly. The generator is protected by an extremely heavyweight steel frame. The durability and heavy weight of this generator can be easily seen by looking at its physical weight of 373 pounds. It’s by no means a light generator but is still portable with the wheels provided.
- Starting Wattage of 22,500 watts
- Running Wattage of 15,000 watts
- Fuel-Efficient – the GP15000E is able to keep running for up to 16 hours from one tank of gasoline. At 50% load, it’s rated to run for up to 10 hours.
- Versatile – due to the heavyweight and durable, yet portable construction of the GP15000E, it’s perfect for use in demanding situations whilst being relatively easy to get there.
- Good selection of different power outlets
- Easy to start – the GP15000E is fitted with an electric starter for absolute ease
- Portable – even though this is a generator with 22,500 watts of starting power, it’s still portable with wheels and handles
- 2 years limited warranty provided
Best Portable – Generac 7117 GP2200iThe Generac 7117 GP2200i is, without doubt, one of the best portable generators around. The GP2200i has a starting wattage of 2200 watts and a running power of 1600 watts.
The potential uses for the GP2200i are endless. In addition to being great for use in the garden or at tailgating events, for example, it’s the ideal generator for taking on trips either camping or to support an RV.
The GP2200i has a 1.2-gallon fuel tank and will keep the generator running at half load for 7 hours. At a quarter load, the generator will keep going for more than 10 hours. As you’ll know if you’ve used a portable generator before, there’s nothing worse than an inefficient one that both costs you a fortune in fuel and requires that you are constantly outside refueling it. The GP2200i provides power that you don’t need to constantly worry about.
The GP2200i is lightweight and very portable too. It weighs only 46 pounds, and can, therefore, be very easily carried around by one person. In addition to being lightweight and portable, the GP2200i is also fitted with an inverter. This means that the power that’s output by the generator has very minimal harmonic distortion and is therefore suitable for powering small and sensitive electronic devices.
- 2200 Start Watts
- 1600 Running Watts
- Efficient – in order to be able to run for more than 10 hours, this Generac uses technology installed in the generator to keep the engine running at only the speed that’s necessary for the current level of power output
- Portable – At only 46 pounds in weight, the GP2200i is very easy to carry around
- Inverter Generator – the power that’s output by this generator is safe for use with all electronic devices, even smaller ones such as digital cameras and mobile phones
A Great All-Rounder – Generac GP3300The Generac GP3300 is, without doubt, one of our favorite Generac units available. As well as being extremely durable and built for work, it’s powerful and portable.
A portable generator that’s got a respectable amount of output power can serve you well and come in useful in more situations than you might have previously thought. For example, should your home suffer a power cut a portable generator could keep appliances like your oven and refrigerator running before power is returned to normal. A good portable generator can also be great for recreational use too. For example, when camping or tailgating, or having any outside event for that matter, a reliable and powerful portable generator can be essential.
The GP3300 is a powerful portable generator too. It’s got 3750 starting watts and is able to output 3300 watts of power continuously. 3300 watts of running power is more than enough to keep your essential appliances running in and around your home.
- Starting wattage of 3750 watts
- Continuous running wattage of 3300 watts
- Efficient – the GP3300 can run for up to 10 hours when being used at half capacity
- Portable – Even though the GP3300 weighs 101 pounds, it’s portable since it has durable wheels and handles that make moving it around pretty easy indeed
- Easy to start – the pull start on the GP3000 is reliable and easy to use
- Automatic Shutdown in event of low oil – if the engine oil level in the generator becomes too low, it will automatically be shut down in order to prevent engine damage
- Fuel Gauge – you’ll never run out of fuel unexpectedly with the Generac GP3000
- Limited warranty of 2 years provided
- Good variety of power outlets for different uses
Best Backup – Generac 7043For many homes, a backup generator can be not only a good thing to have, but an essential. If your home were to lose power for a couple of hours, it might not be too big a problem. However, if you were to suffer a loss of power for a day or more, you could find yourself in a bit more of a predicament.
This is where a good, high-quality backup generator comes into play. A backup generator means that you will always have power on hand in your home, even if the national power grid were to be down.
The Generac 7043 is a fantastic option if you’re looking for a home backup generator that I both powerful and reliable.
The Generac 7043 is a reliable 22kW home backup generator. It can run from either propane gas or natural gas, and has a maximum power of 22kW or 19.5kW respectively. This massive amount of power is easily able to keep the majority of homes running, and very efficiently too.
The 7043 has the option of using a remote monitoring system – going out of the house to check on your generator is a thing of the past! The remote monitoring system can be accessed from any internet-connected device, and will show information such as how much power the generator is outputting, how much runtime is left, and how much fuel is left in the generator.
- 22000 watts of maximum power from propane gas
- 19500 watts of power from natural gas
- Switch installed – the 7043 is capable of dividing up its power output in order to prioritize those appliances that need it most
- Rust and Element Proof – since backup generators are outside constantly, they can become subject to harsh elements as a result. The Generac 7043 has been powder coated and is in a protective case to ensure that its function and aesthetics are not adversely affected by the elements.
Last update on 2020-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API