The Duromax XP4850EH was designed to be either a backup power source for your home or to be used as a power supply when you’re living away. As a heavier option, this unit from Duromax is large, durable, and is capable of putting out a very large amount of power. For making sure that you can back up those larger appliances at home should you run out of power, the XP4850EH is what you need!
This Duromax generator is one that “does exactly as it says on the tin.” It doesn’t profess to do anything else other than make power, and a lot of it at that! The label of these generators denotes the amount of starting power that the generator produces, in this case, an impressive 4850 watts! This unit from Duromax offers a dual fuel capacity and three handy power outlets. It also comes fitted with a key-start!
The XP4850EH, as you have probably already guessed, is a generator that packs a fair bit of power! On the front, there’s a control panel that’s great to read and look at. There are also two 120-volt sockets here, meaning that you can use your 3 pronged application of choice here without worry! If you’re looking for even more power, there’s a 120/240-volt twist-lock socket placed above these two. With all of these at your disposal, it’s fair to say that you would be hard-pushed to find something you won’t be able to power!
In terms of the engine in this generator, you can expect all of the usual safety features such as oil indicator levels and shut-offs. Not only this, but the Duromax XP4850EH has a dual fuel feature! This is an amazing feature, meaning that the generator has more uses in that it can be fuelled by either gasoline or propane. This is particularly handy if you’re in a location that gasoline is harder to obtain – camping for example! It gets better too, the fuel tank fitted on this beast is four gallons in size. This will provide you with around 8 hours of power when using gasoline, and a huge amount more if you go for propane. The ability to fill this unit with propane is also great in the event of a gasoline shortage – propane can be stored for a long time and doesn’t go off as gasoline does.
- It can put out anywhere between 120 volts and 240 volts. This is extremely useful for powering a large variety of devices and appliances. Unlike other generators in its price range, this unit from Duromax is able to power larger, heavy-duty appliances as well as smaller ones.
- 19 x 24 9 inches in size. This generator from Duromax is not exactly a small unit – this means that it’s strong and sturdy. In the event that you were to use the generator to power appliances in your home, you can be sure that this unit will stand the test of heavy usage.
- Weighs in at 130 pounds. If your home is caught in some bad weather and you’re using this generator as a backup power source, you can be sure that it’ll be well grounded and will do the job!
- Powerful 210cc air-cooled engine – this is great as it means that you will not need to worry about adding various coolants etc to the engine – just add fuel and startup!
- It can accommodate up to 4 gallons of either gasoline or propane. The ability to accept different types of fuel is particularly useful, as this generator can cater for more uses in which some types of fuel may not be available, or are harder to obtain.
- Can run for 20 hours on propane, and 8 on gasoline. These run times are very respectable – particularly the time quoted for propane. If you are in an urgent need f power, you can rely on the XP4850EH to provide you with it for up to 20 hours running on propane!
- Not a loud generator at a maximum level of just 69 decibels – meaning that you won’t need to worry about disturbing others when you’re using it!
- Key start – key start is a great feature to have. You’ll never need to worry about pulling another cord many times as long as you have this generator!
- Lack of power inverter – this generator having no power inverter may not be a big deal to you. A power inverter is great if you would like the generator to provide as stable and smooth a power output as is possible, such as one that is required to power more sensitive devices. However, if you are looking to power heavier-duty appliances, this will not be an issue.
- Whilst the dual fuel capability is a fantastic feature, it does cause the price to be a little higher than it otherwise may have been
- Not CARB certified
So, is the Duromax XP4850EH recommendable? For sure it is! It’s a very sturdy generator that has a variety of amazing features, not to mention how cool the fact that it accepts two different types of fuel is! Of course, it may have a couple of little downsides, but as does everything and the ones that this particular unit does may not even make a difference to your uses for it! For the price, Duromax is producing a fantastically capable generator. The XP4850EH is capable of producing an extremely respectable amount of power, meaning that it’ll be able to handle the large majority of the tasks that you can find to throw at it. For the price of this unit, you simply cannot go wrong! You can look forward to always being sure of having all of the power that you could ever need!
Last update on 2020-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API