As is the case with all products, not just portable generators, there are good features and there are some parts that could be improved. Even though there might be a couple of minor downsides to the XP4400E, this doesn’t mean it isn’t a good generator. It’s been well-reviewed by its users on Amazon, and there are a huge number of great features that the XP4400E has to offer in a compact package.
DuroMax is a very well-known and well-respected name in the generator market. The XP4400E is an example of some of DuroMax’s finest engineering achievements.
The XP4400E has a starting output of 4400 watts and will push out 3500 watts of continuous running power. 3500 watts is more than enough to power just about the vast majority of appliances, even power tools, and some larger kitchen appliances. It’s certainly not enough power to justify the generator as a viable option as a home standby generator for example, but that isn’t the intention of the XP4400E. It’s a powerful unit in a durable, compact and portable package.
It got a gas tank that’s 4 gallons in size. It’s efficient too, having a runtime when at 50% capacity of up to 8 hours. It’s got a four-stroke engine installed, meaning you don’t need to worry about special fuels and oils – just regular gasoline. It’s also air-cooled, meaning the engine isn’t as likely to overheat and burn out. It also means that you don’t need to worry about various different coolants and fluids.
The Duromax XP4400E also runs at just 69 decibels when it’s at full load. This for reference isn’t all that much louder than a conversation between two humans.
- Running Wattage of 3500 watts – this amount of power is more than enough to power large appliances around the home and garden. It’s also sufficient to power more hungry appliances such as heavy tools on a building site
- 4400 starting watts – a lot of power that’s able to start large appliances, including a 13500 air conditioning unit
- Large 4-gallon fuel tank
- Efficient – when being used at 50% load, the XP4400E will keep going for up to 8 hours. From a gas tank that’s just 4 gallons in size, that’s a very impressive number
- Powerful four stroke engine with 7 horsepower
- Not loud at just 69dB when operating at full capacity – the XP4400E is fitted with a variety of sound mufflers that ensure its operation is as quiet as can be
- Easy to use controls/control panel – the control panel is kitted out with a great deal of outlets and gauges. It’s got a voltmeter too, which shows how much power is being outputted by the generator at any one time.
- A large variety of power outlets – both 120v and 240v outlets, as well as a 12 volt DC
- Voltage selector – DuroMax have fitted this generator with its RV Switch, that allows the user to easily change between 120V and 240V power modes
- Safe – there are circuit breakers in the XP4400E that handle safety in the event of a power overload. They are there to break the circuit and cut the power in the event of an overload. These are great for keeping both you as the user and the generator sage
- Low oil detection and automatic shutdown system to prevent engine damage
- Both electric and pull-start
- High build quality
- Great portability with a handle a wheel kit
- 120 lbs in weight
- CSA Approved
- CARB Approved
- A limited warranty period of only 1 year
- Not CARB compliant – can’t be used in all areas of the USA
There is no doubt that the DuroMax XP4400E is a very well-priced generator that does exactly what it has been designed to very well. However, if you’re looking for a slightly more refined but also more costly unit, our full review of the Honda EU3000iS inverter generator may be worth a look.