The Most Portable – DuroMax XP2000EH Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
The XP2000EH is a wonderfully portable generator that offers a good amount of power for its size. It makes a good companion for something like camping, or for taking to a small event for example. It is arguably one of the best portable generators available.
The XP2000Eh is powerful for its size, with a starting peak wattage of 2000 watts. It’s able to output continuous power of up to 1600 watts too.
Being an inverter generator, the XP2000EH’s power output is clean and safe. This makes it just as perfect for use with smaller, more sensitive devices as it is with larger appliances that do not require as clean power. The current that’s output by the XP2000EH has minimal harmonic distortion and is of high quality.
It’s a well-refined generator too. It looks great and is encased within hardwearing plastic. The casing is also well soundproofed and does a great job at keeping the overall operating volume of the XP2000EH down as low as possible. This housing, as well as the muffler that’s fitted, makes it a quiet generator at just 60 decibels when running at half-load.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is capable of parallel connection. Whilst one generator on its own is still very capable of powering a range of more demanding appliances, the unit can be combined with another DuroMax unit in order to obtain more total power. The parallel connection also provides the option to spread the load of the appliances being used too.
The engine within the XP2000EH is CARB and EPA compliant. It’s started very easily by the recoil starter that’s designed to get the generator up and running quickly in all weather conditions. The engine within this DuroMax is known to be one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly on the market.
- Peak power output of 2000 watts
- Continuous power output of 1600 watts
- Inverter generator – the power that’s output by the XP2000EH is clean, and has minimal harmonic distortion. This makes it safe for use with smaller, more sensitive devices.
- Portable – it’s lightweight at only 53 pounds, meaning it’s very easy to carry around
- Parallel Capabilities – it can be joined with another DuroMax generator to get a greater total power output, or to spread the load of a heavier appliance between the two
- Efficient – when at half-load, the XP2000EH will keep running for up to 6 and a half hours from one tank of gasoline. When running from a 20 lb tank of propane at half load, it’ll keep going for up to 20 hours
- Smart Throttle – saves fuel by only running the engine at the speed that’s necessary to output the current required level of power
- Quiet – it’s great for use just about anywhere, running at approximately 60 decibels when at half load
- EPA Approved
- CARB Approved
- A number of different power outlets
- Parallel connection capability – if you’d like to get more total power or to spread the load of a large appliance, you can connect the XP2000EH with another DuroMax unit via the parallel connection feature that it offers
- 1600 watts isn’t a tremendously large power output
The Most Powerful – DuroMax XP12000EH
The DuroMax XP12000EH is an extremely powerful generator. It’s not often referred to as “the beast” for no reason! It’s dual fuel and is able to provide a very large power output running on either gasoline or propane gas.
It has available a maximum power output of an impressive 12,000 watts. It can output a continuous power of 9,500 watts when burning regular gasoline. If the XP12000EH is running on propane gas, it’s still able to provide a huge peak power of 10,200 watts, and a continuous wattage of up to 8075 watts.
With 12,000 watts of maximum starting power available, it can run the large majority of appliances or tools that you could want to at any one time. If your house were to suffer a power loss, the XP12000EH would be able to comfortably act as a backup/standby generator, keeping all of the appliances that you need running. If you’d like to the XP12000EH as a backup generator, it can be easily connected to the mains of your home using a transfer switch.
The XP12000EH is enclosed in a hard-wearing and heavy, well-constructed steel casing. It’s fitted with 4 mounting points on the bottom that exist to make it as easy as possible to position the generator as safely as possible wherever you might be using it.
The XP12000EH is fitted with wheels that are both heavy-duty and tough, They’re designed for constant hard use and are “never flat” – they’re great for moving the unit across all surfaces.
On the front of the XP12000EH, there is a control and information panel that provides information on the amount of power that the generator is outputting, as well as voltmeters, circuit breakers, and low oil detection lights.
Overall, the DuroMax XP12000EH a very refined and well-designed generator. It’s fitted with all of the features that anyone would expect from a high-end powerful generator such as this. It’s supplied with electric start too, as well as automatic low oil level shutdown, and is soundproofed and muffled well so that it’s able to run at just 74 decibels. This is an incredible figure for a generator with a peak power of 12,000 watts.
The powerful XP12000EH has overload protection too, ensuring that the engine will be halted and shut down should the unit start to become too hot.
- A very powerful 18hp engine that’s able to run on propane or gasoline
- Long runtimes – the 8.3 gallon gas tank will provide almost 10 hours of running power when filled with gasoline. From a 40lb tank of propane gas, you’ll get up to 20 hours of usage, at half of the generator’s load.
- Is equipped with DuroMax’s “Power Boost,” allowing you to easily flick between a 120V or 240V power output.
- Low oil warning and automatic shutdown
- 10,200 watts of peak power from propane
- 12,000 watts of peak power from gasoline
- 3-year warranty
- Known to leak oil after starting the engine
- Some users have reported customer care to be slow when dealing with issues
The Best All Rounder– DuroMax XP4400EThe XP 4400E is a generator from Duromax that offers both fantastic value for money and portability. It’s got a powerful engine, and it is fitted with a lot of features that are more commonly seen on more expensive units.
As is the case with all products, not just portable generators, there are good features and there are some parts that could be improved. Even though there might be a couple of minor downsides to the XP4400E, this doesn’t mean it hasn’t earned its place honestly on the list of the best DuroMax generators.
DuroMax is a very well-known and well-respected name in the generator market. The XP4400E is an example of some of DuroMax’s finest engineering achievements.
The XP4400E has a maximum output of 4400 watts of starting power and can provide 3500 watts of continuous running power. 3500 watts of power is more than enough to power just about the vast majority of appliances, even power tools, and some larger kitchen appliances.
It got a gas tank that’s 4 gallons in size. It’s efficient too, having a runtime when at 50% capacity of up to 8 hours. It’s got a four-stroke engine installed, meaning you don’t need to worry about special fuels and oils – just regular gasoline. It’s also air-cooled, meaning the engine isn’t as likely to overheat and burn out. It also means that you don’t need to worry about various different coolants and fluids.
The Duromax XP4400E also runs at just 69 decibels when it’s at full load. This for reference isn’t all that much louder than a conversation between two humans.
- 3500 continual watts of power, 4400 starting watts
- Powerful four stroke engine with 7 horsepower
- Not loud at just 69dB when operating at full capacity
- Easy to use controls/control panel
- A variety of power outlets – both 120v and 240v outlets, as well as a 12 volt DC
- Low oil detection and automatic shutdown system to prevent engine damage
- Both electric and pull-start
- High build quality
- Great portability with a handle a wheel kit
- A warranty period of only 1 year
- Not CARB compliant – can’t be used in all areas of the USA
All of the generators on our list of the best DuroMax generators have earned their place here for a good reason. However, whilst the XP12000EH is a massively powerful generator, it is extremely large and heavy. If you’re looking to have a generator that you don’t need to move about too much and that’s powerful, it’d make for a good choice.
The XP4400E is a generator that provides a good amount of power at 3500 continuous watts. However, it doesn’t have an inverter fitted meaning that it may not be safe to power smaller devices from.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is, in our opinion, the best buy on the list. It’s extremely well-priced, and the power that it outputs is of extremely high quality. Its build quality is very great, as well as being easily useable and very portable. It’s efficient and is EPA and CARB approved. The slightly smaller amount of power isn’t an issue either – it can be connected in parallel with another DuroMax unit to obtain greater total power.