The Most Portable – DuroMax XP2000EH Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
The XP2000EH is a wonderfully portable generator that offers a good amount of power for its size. It makes a good companion for something like camping, or for taking to a small event for example. It is arguably one of the best portable generators available.
The XP2000Eh is powerful for its size, with a starting peak wattage of 2000 watts. It’s able to output continuous power of up to 1600 watts too.
Being an inverter generator, the XP2000EH’s power output is clean and safe. This makes it just as perfect for use with smaller, more sensitive devices as it is with larger appliances that do not require as clean power. The current that’s output by the XP2000EH has minimal harmonic distortion and is of high quality.
It’s a well-refined generator too. It looks great and is encased within hardwearing plastic. The casing is also well soundproofed and does a great job at keeping the overall operating volume of the XP2000EH down as low as possible. This housing, as well as the muffler that’s fitted, makes it a quiet generator at just 60 decibels when running at half-load.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is capable of parallel connection. Whilst one generator on its own is still very capable of powering a range of more demanding appliances, the unit can be combined with another DuroMax unit in order to obtain more total power. The parallel connection also provides the option to spread the load of the appliances being used too.
The engine within the XP2000EH is CARB and EPA compliant. It’s started very easily by the recoil starter that’s designed to get the generator up and running quickly in all weather conditions. The engine within this DuroMax is known to be one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly on the market.
- Peak power output of 2000 watts
- Continuous power output of 1600 watts
- Inverter generator – the power that’s output by the XP2000EH is clean, and has minimal harmonic distortion. This makes it safe for use with smaller, more sensitive devices.
- Portable – it’s lightweight at only 53 pounds, meaning it’s very easy to carry around
- Parallel Capabilities – it can be joined with another DuroMax generator to get a greater total power output, or to spread the load of a heavier appliance between the two
- Efficient – when at half-load, the XP2000EH will keep running for up to 6 and a half hours from one tank of gasoline. When running from a 20 lb tank of propane at half load, it’ll keep going for up to 20 hours
- Smart Throttle – saves fuel by only running the engine at the speed that’s necessary to output the current required level of power
- Quiet – it’s great for use just about anywhere, running at approximately 60 decibels when at half load
- EPA Approved
- CARB Approved
- A number of different power outlets
- Parallel connection capability – if you’d like to get more total power or to spread the load of a large appliance, you can connect the XP2000EH with another DuroMax unit via the parallel connection feature that it offers
- 1600 watts isn’t a tremendously large power output
The Most Powerful – DuroMax XP12000EH
The DuroMax XP12000EH is an extremely powerful generator. It’s not often referred to as “the beast” for no reason! It’s dual fuel and is able to provide a very large power output running on either gasoline or propane gas.
It has available a maximum power output of an impressive 12,000 watts. It can output a continuous power of 9,500 watts when burning regular gasoline. If the XP12000EH is running on propane gas, it’s still able to provide a huge peak power of 10,200 watts, and a continuous wattage of up to 8075 watts.
With 12,000 watts of maximum starting power available, it can run the large majority of appliances or tools that you could want to at any one time. If your house were to suffer a power loss, the XP12000EH would be able to comfortably act as a backup/standby generator, keeping all of the appliances that you need running. If you’d like to the XP12000EH as a backup generator, it can be easily connected to the mains of your home using a transfer switch.
The XP12000EH is enclosed in a hard-wearing and heavy, well-constructed steel casing. It’s fitted with 4 mounting points on the bottom that exist to make it as easy as possible to position the generator as safely as possible wherever you might be using it.
The XP12000EH is fitted with wheels that are both heavy-duty and tough, They’re designed for constant hard use and are “never flat” – they’re great for moving the unit across all surfaces.
On the front of the XP12000EH, there is a control and information panel that provides information on the amount of power that the generator is outputting, as well as voltmeters, circuit breakers, and low oil detection lights.
Overall, the DuroMax XP12000EH a very refined and well-designed generator. It’s fitted with all of the features that anyone would expect from a high-end powerful generator such as this. It’s supplied with electric start too, as well as automatic low oil level shutdown, and is soundproofed and muffled well so that it’s able to run at just 74 decibels. This is an incredible figure for a generator with a peak power of 12,000 watts.
The powerful XP12000EH has overload protection too, ensuring that the engine will be halted and shut down should the unit start to become too hot.
- Maximum Power of 12,000 watts
- Dual-Fuel powered engine – the powerful engine within the XP12000EH can run or both propane and gasoline
- Fuel-Efficient – from 8.3 gallons of fuel (gasoline), the XP12000EH will run for up to 10 hours. It’s even more efficient when running on propane too, returning up to 20 hours of power from one tank
- Power output can be selected to be either 120V or 240V
- Low oil level warning and automatic shutdown system
- 3-year warranty
- Customer service has been said to be lacking in some areas
The Best All Rounder– DuroMax XP4400E
The Duromax XP4400E is a powerful 4400-watt generator. It’s well-priced and is extremely easy to move around. For the money, the 4400E has a wealth of advanced features – most of which you’d expect to see on more upmarket units.
DuroMax is a brand that has gained a lot of respect in the word of power generation over the years. The XP4400E is a unit that shows why this is the case too – it displays some of Duromax’s best.
The XP4400E has a peak power output of 4400 watts and is able to output 3500 watts of power continually thereafter – an ample amount of power to run all of the most heavily used appliances in your home.
The 4-gallon fuel tank in the XP4400E is able to keep it running at half load for up to 8 hours. The four-stroke, air-cooled engine only requires that you put gasoline in the tank – no messing around with various oils and additives as with two-stroke engines.
The Duromax XP4400E isn’t a loud generator either – running at a mere 69 decibels when at 100% capacity – this is quieter than a person speaking loudly!
- Running Wattage: 3500 watts,
- Peak Wattage: 4400 watts
- Powerful 7hp air-cooled engine
- Quiet at 69dB when at 100% capacity
- Ergonomically designed control panell
- Caters to a variety of appliances with a good assortment of power outlets, as well as a 12V charging outlet
- Automatic low oil level detection and shutdown
- Electric and pull-start
- Easy to move around with the handle and wheel kit
- A warranty period of only 1 year
- Not CARB compliant – can’t be used in all areas of the USA
All of the generators on our list of the best DuroMax generators have earned their place here for a good reason. However, whilst the XP12000EH is a massively powerful generator, it is extremely large and heavy. If you’re looking to have a generator that you don’t need to move about too much and that’s powerful, it’d make for a good choice.
The XP4400E is a generator that provides a good amount of power at 3500 continuous watts. However, it doesn’t have an inverter fitted meaning that it may not be safe to power smaller devices from.
The DuroMax XP2000EH is, in our opinion, the best buy on the list. It’s extremely well-priced, and the power that it outputs is of extremely high quality. Its build quality is very great, as well as being easily useable and very portable. It’s efficient and is EPA and CARB approved. The slightly smaller amount of power isn’t an issue either – it can be connected in parallel with another DuroMax unit to obtain greater total power.
Last update on 2020-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API