If you are looking for a good source of power on the move, a 30 amp generator can be a great option. In this post, we are going to take a look at a few of the best 30 amp generator is available and what they have to offer.
Choosing a good generator can be a challenging task, particularly if you are not all that informed on what features you should and should not be looking for. For each generator that we recommend, we will look at the various design aspects, performance, noise level and value for money.
Briggs & Stratton P3000 – 30 Amp Portable Generator
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 is a well designed, portable RV-ready generator. Considering it’s small and portable nature, it’s a very powerful generator.
The P3000 is fitted with a handle fitted and wheels that make it very easy to move around to any location. The wheels on this generator have been specifically designed to not suffer from punctures too.
The P3000 has a surge wattage of 3000 watts and a continuous running power of 2600 watts. This is more than enough power to run any normal sized air conditioning unit or heater in an RV, as well as larger appliances around the home and garden.
The 171cc engine fitted within the P3000 will keep running for up to 10 hours from 1.5 gallons of gasoline when being used at 25% load.
The P3000 has a screen fitted to its control panel that informs the user of various important numbers. These include the amount of energy the generator is outputting, and a number that shows how many hours are left from the current fuel load – this number is based on current usage and should not be taken as a definite.
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 is an inverter generator, meaning that the power output by it is safe to use with just about any device, no matter how sensitive it may be. The inverter in this generator makes the current being output very clean and stable – it has less than 3% total harmonic distortion. As well as being a great option for camping and using as support for an RV, the P3000 is perfect for tailgating and providing backup power for your appliances at home, should there be a power cut. It’s a very versatile unit.
- Economic – The P3000 has an automatic idle control feature fitted, meaning that it will only run when it needs to provide power
- Parallel Connection Available – if you would like to, you can combine the forces of your P3000 with another P3000, or indeed a P2200. This allows you to spread the load of a larger appliance, or simply to get a greater total power output
- 3000 watts starting power
- 2600 watts running power
- LCD screen
- Portable – the P3000 is fitted with wheels and a retractable handle
- Inverter Generator – the power output by the P3000 has very little total harmonic distortion, ensuring a clean and smooth output that’s suitable for all kinds of device/appliance
- Changing oil has been reported difficult by some users
Champion 75537i – The Most Portable 30A
The Champion Power Equipment 75537I is a gas powered inverter generator. It’s got a great number of features, such as electric starting and low oil level detection. Champion is well-known for making high-quality units that are as safe as possible to use – the 75537i upholds this reputation pretty well in our opinion.
The 75537i is portable, weighing in at 95 pounds. If this is a bit too heavy to lift, it also comes fitted as standard with wheel kit and handles. The wheel kit that’s fitted to this generator from champion power equipment is designed to be tough and hard-wearing, being fitted with tires that resist puncture. The 75537i is therefore very versatile in that is can be moved over a wide variety of terrain.
The 75537i is a powerful unit. It’s able to put out a surge wattage of 3100 watts and has a running power of 2800 watts. The 75537i is fuel-economic too – it can keep going for up to 8 hours from only one 1.5 gallon tank of fuel when being used at 25% load.
The 75537I a very quiet and refined generator. It runs at only 58 decibels due to the mufflers and soundproofing fitted by Champion.
Since it’s an inverter generator, the power from the 75537i is suitable for powering all sizes of device or appliance.
- Electric Start Button– no need to worry about recoil starts with the Champion 75537I. It’s fitted with an electric start button, making cold starts effortless.
- Remote Start – the 75537i can be started remotely.
- 3100 Starting Watts
- 2800 Running Watts
- Economic – the 75537i is fitted with an economy mode, that ensures the engine is only run at the speed that’s required to output the current amount of power being used. This makes for a large fuel saving and quieter operation.
- Quiet and Refined– the 75537I operates at only 58 decibels, it’s one of the quietest in its class.
- Inverter – the inverter that’s installed in this generator makes the power that it outputs just as suitable for powering large appliances, as it is small and sensitive devices.
- No 240V power socket
- Quite heavy
We think the Champion 75537i is a great unit for tailgating too, as we say here in the best generators for tailgating.
Yamaha EF3000iS – Efficient 30A Generator
The EF3000iS is an extremely quiet and refined generator from Yamaha. The EF3000iS looks quite different from a number of other generators that are available. It’s fitted with two handles on the top and has a very modern-looking design.
Weighing in at 136 pounds, the EF3000iS is by no means a lightweight generator. This doesn’t mean that it’s not portable though, it comes fitted as standard with four wheels that make for easy movement.
The main factor that sets the EF3000iS apart from its competitors is the performance that it has on offer. It’s got an extremely efficient 171cc OHV engine, that’s able to run for a staggering 18 hours from one 3.4 gallon tank of gasoline. Out of all of the generators that we have reviewed here on Best Generators, the EF3000iS is among the most efficient.
The EF30000iS has a peak wattage of 3000 watts, and a running wattage of 2800 watts. It’s very quiet too, operating between 53 and 60 decibels. Yamaha has installed advanced soundproofing to ensure that this is the case.
Along with the number of features in the EF3000iS is Smart Throttle. Smart Throttle ensures that the engine of the EF3000iS is only running at the speed that is necessary to provide the power output that is currently being used. This increases fuel efficiency and allows the engine to run more quietly.
- Electric Start
- 3000 Starting Watts
- 2800 Running Watts
- Unbelievably Fuel-Efficient – the EF3000iS is able to run for more than 18 hours from a single tank of gasoline. It’s one of the most efficient generators that we have ever reviewed
- Smart Throttle
- Inverter – the inverter that’s installed in the EF3000iS ensures that the power that’s output is safe for use by all devices and appliances, with very minimal harmonic distortion
- Very Quiet – Operates at a noise level between 53 and 60 decibels
- Quite heavy and bulky
- Requires a high-standard of maintenance to ensure perfect operation
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 is a great portable 30A generator for use alongside an RV. It’s very popular with campers as it’s portable, isn’t too heavy, and is very powerful. The power that it puts out is of high quality too. It’s also fitted with some very nice and uncommon extras, such as an LCD screen. It’s very well-priced too, at $800.
The 75537i from Champion Power Equipment is a versatile 30A generator. It’s not quite as good value as the P3000 however, at almost $950.
The Yamaha EF3000iS is by far the most efficient generator on our list. It is our favorite 30A generator, mainly due to its unbelievable efficiency. It’s got a staggering runtime of up to 18 hours. For generators in this power category, this is especially important. The EF3000iS isn’t by any means a cheap unit, but it’s an investment that will pay off.