A 10,000-watt generator offers a very large amount of to anyone that has one. It provides more than enough power to provide backup power to your home for example and has more than enough power to power large appliances and tools at a construction site. A generator of this size is ideal for taking camping alongside your RV too – it will be able to provide more power than you need.
The main positive factor that 10kW generators offer is that they are still portable, whilst being able to offer a large amount of power.
Pulsar PG10000B16The Pulsar Products’ PG10000B16 is a dual fuel generator capable of running on either regular gasoline or propane gas.
Its maximum wattage is 10,000 watts, and its continuous running wattage is 8000 watts. When fuelled with propane gas, it’s starting power is 9000 watts, and running wattage is 7000 watts.
The huge power potential of the Pulsar PG10000B16 is easily capable of providing all your power needs if you ever suffer a power cut at your home. Capable of providing 10,000 watts of power means it can cope with all large and small appliances in and around where you live, including those you may keep outdoors in either the garden or the garage.
It’s fitted with an efficient 15 horsepower engine and a heavy-duty steel frame provides good protection. It also comes with “never-flat” tires that won’t puncture whatever the terrain the unit is traversing. The PG10000B16 comes with handles that make it very easy to maneuver.
CARB compliant, the PG10000B16 can be used throughout the United States.
- Specially designed control panel for comfort and efficiency, with power meters and low oil indicators
- Numerous power outlets – as well as four h120v outlets, there is a 120V/240V 30A Twist-Lock socket, along with an RV-Ready 50-amp socket, and a smaller 12V DC outlet. These all go to make this Pulsar Products unit excellent for powering many appliance types simultaneously.
- Maximum starting wattage of 10,000 watts when being powered by gasoline
- Maximum starting wattage of 9000 watts when powered by propane
- More than able to power larger appliances around the house if and when you ever lose power
- When operating at higher speeds this unit can be quite loud
We’ve also included the PG1000B16 in our list of the best propane generators.
Honda EB10000Quite a lot of the time, a generator that’s able to output wattage of 10,000 watts is designed for usage in construction or heavier industries. The Honda EB10000 is able to cater to exactly this.
The Honda EB10000 is the ultimate choice for a generator that’s going to be used on a site. Honda has designed it for this purpose, and it’s also OSHA worksite compliant.
Its maximum power of 10,000 watts is outputted via a very good variety of outlets that have been fitted onto the control panel of the EB10000. There’s a 125V locking outlet (30A), as well as a 30A 125/250V locking outlet, and a further 50A 125V/250V locking outlet.
The EB10000 is fitted with a large fuel tank, of 8.1 gallons in size. It’s an efficient generator, being able to run for more than 7 hours at 50% capacity, and just over 4 hours when at full load.
- Powerful 630cc Honda GX630 engine
- Starting Wattage: 10,000 watts
- Running Wattage: 9,000 watts
- 464 pounds in weight
- Efficient – runtime of more than 7 hours at 50% capacity, and over 4 hours when at full capacity
- Good variety of power outlets
- Operating Volume of 72 decibels
- OSHA Worksite Compliant
- Handles and Wheel-Kit for portability
- Electric Starter
- Extremely heavy at 464 lbs
DuroMax XP12000EHIf you’d like a generator that’s very capable of outputting 10kW of power and a little more, the DuroMax XP12000EH is a perfect choice.
The DuroMax XP12000EH is one of the dual fuel generators that’s able to provide a very large power output running on either propane gas or gasoline.
It has a maximum power output of 12,000 watts, and a continuous wattage of 9,500 watts when being fuelled by regular gasoline. If the XP12000EH is filled with propane gas, it will still provide a massive peak power of 10,200 watts, and continuous wattage will be up to 8075 watts.
The XP12000EH would be able to comfortably act as a backup/standby generator, keeping all of the appliances that you need running at once.
The XP12000EH is protected by a well-constructed, hard-wearing and heavy steel casing. The four mounting points fitted on the bottom make it very easy to position the generator as safely as possible wherever you may be using it.
This generator is fitted with a wheel kit that’s very durable, making it easy to move the generator over all terrains.
On the front of the XP12000EH, there is a control and information panel that provides information on the amount of power that the generator is outputting, as well as voltmeters, circuit breakers, and low oil detection lights.
The powerful XP12000EH has overload protection too, ensuring that the engine will be halted and shut down should the unit start to become too hot.
- Powerful 18hp dual-fuel engine
- Efficient – the 8.3-gallon fuel tank will run for almost 10 hours on gasoline. A 40 pound tank of propane gas will give you as many as 20 hours of usage, at half the generator’s load.
- Equipped with Duromax’s “Power Boost” you can easily switch between 120V and 240V power outputs
- System that warns of low oil level and will automatically shut the unit down to protect the power unit
- Peak power from propane is 10,200 watts
- Peak power from gasoline is 12,000 watts
- Three-year warranty
- Known to leak oil after starting
- Some users report slow customer care dealing with issues
Check out our full, detailed review of the XP12000EH here!
The Pulsar Product’s PG10000B16 is a power unit that offers great value for money. It’s very capable of providing power to a large number of appliances or tools simultaneously. However, it might not be as suitable for use as a home backup generator when compared to its rivals.
The Honda EB10000 is an extremely hardwearing generator. It’s designed for heavy usage on a construction site or similar and is very powerful with a peak wattage of 10,000 watts. The EB10000 is a good choice if the generator is going to be stationary for long periods of time, as it’s extremely heavy at a massive 464 pounds.
The DuroMax XP12000EH is a massive unit. It’s got a rated wattage of 12,000 watts and is ideal for powering appliances that are rated at 10,000 watts and above. If you’re looking for a generator to power an appliance that is rated at or close to 10,000 watts, the XP12000EH is the best and safest buy.
Last update on 2020-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API