A 10,000-watt generator offers a very large amount of to anyone that has one. It provides more than enough power to provide backup power to your home for example and has more than enough power to power large appliances and tools at a construction site. A generator of this size is ideal for taking camping alongside your RV too – it will be able to provide more power than you need.
The main positive factor that 10kW generators offer is that they are still portable, whilst being able to offer a large amount of power.
Pulsar PG10000B16The Pulsar Product’s PG10000B16 is a dual fuel generator that can run on both propane gas and regular gasoline.
It’s got a maximum wattage of 10,000 watts, and a continuous running wattage of 8000 watts. When being fuelled by propane gas, it’s got 9000 watts of starting power, and running wattage of 7000 watts.
The massive power potential that the Pulsar PG10000B16 offers is more than capable of covering your power needs in the event of a power cut at your home. The 10,000 watts of power that it provides are able to cover all large and all small appliances in and around your home, including those for example in the garden or garage.
It’s fitted with an efficient 15 horsepower engine and is well protected in a heavy-duty steel frame. It’s also fitted with “never-flat” tires that don’t suffer from puncture no matter the terrain that they’re being pulled over. The PG10000B16 is fitted with handles too so that you move the generator with absolute ease.
The PG10000B16 is CARB compliant too, meaning that it can be used anywhere in the United States.
- Ergonomically designed control panel, with power meters and low oil indicators
- A large number of power outlets – 4 h120v outlets, an RV-Ready 50 amp socket, a 120V/240V 30A Twist-Lock socket, as well as a smaller 12V DC outlet. All of these make the Pulsar Products unit excellent for powering a large variety of appliance types at the same time.
- Maximum starting wattage of 10,000 watts when being powered by gasoline
- Maximum starting wattage of 9000 watts when being powered by propane
- More than capable of powering larger appliances around the house should you lose power
- Quite loud when operating at higher speed
We’ve included the PG1000B16 in our list of the best propane generators too.
Honda EB10000Quite a lot of the time, a generator that’s able to output wattage of 10,000 watts is designed for usage in construction or heavier industries. The Honda EB10000 is able to cater to exactly this.
The Honda EB10000 is the ultimate choice for a generator that’s going to be used on a site. Honda has designed it for this purpose, and it’s also OSHA worksite compliant.
Its maximum power of 10,000 watts is outputted via a very good variety of outlets that have been fitted onto the control panel of the EB10000. There’s a 125V locking outlet (30A), as well as a 30A 125/250V locking outlet, and a further 50A 125V/250V locking outlet.
The EB10000 is fitted with a large fuel tank, of 8.1 gallons in size. It’s an efficient generator, being able to run for more than 7 hours at 50% capacity, and just over 4 hours when at full load.
- Powerful 630cc Honda GX630 engine
- Starting Wattage: 10,000 watts
- Running Wattage: 9,000 watts
- 464 pounds in weight
- Efficient – runtime of more than 7 hours at 50% capacity, and over 4 hours when at full capacity
- Good variety of power outlets
- Operating Volume of 72 decibels
- OSHA Worksite Compliant
- Handles and Wheel-Kit for portability
- Electric Starter
- Extremely heavy at 464 lbs
DuroMax XP12000EHIf you’d like a generator that’s very capable of outputting 10kW of power and a little more, the DuroMax XP12000EH is a perfect choice.
The DuroMax XP12000EH is a dual fuel generator that’s able to provide a very large power output running on either gasoline or propane gas.
It has a maximum power output of 12,000 watts, and a continuous wattage of 9,500 watts when being fuelled by regular gasoline. If the XP12000EH is running on propane gas, it’s still able to provide a huge peak power of 10,200 watts, and a continuous wattage of up to 8075 watts.
The XP12000EH would be able to comfortably act as a backup/standby generator, keeping all of the appliances that you need running at once.
The XP12000EH is enclosed in a hard-wearing and heavy, well-constructed steel casing. It’s fitted with 4 mounting points on the bottom that exist to make it as easy as possible to position the generator as safely as possible wherever you might be using it.
This generator is fitted with a wheel kit that’s very durable, making it easy to move the generator over all terrains.
On the front of the XP12000EH, there is a control and information panel that provides information on the amount of power that the generator is outputting, as well as voltmeters, circuit breakers, and low oil detection lights.
The powerful XP12000EH has overload protection too, ensuring that the engine will be halted and shut down should the unit start to become too hot.
- Powerful 18hp dual-fuel engine
- Efficient – the 8.3-gallon fuel tank will run for almost 10 hours on gasoline. From a 40lb tank of propane gas, you’ll get up to 20 hours of usage, at half of the generator’s load.
- It is equipped with Duromax’s “Power Boost,” allowing you to easily flick between a 120V or 240V power output.
- Low oil warning and automatic shutdown
- 10,200 watts of peak power from propane
- 12,000 watts of peak power from gasoline
- 3-year warranty
- Known to leak oil after starting the engine
- Some users have reported customer care to be slow when dealing with issues
Check out our full, detailed review of the XP12000EH here!
The Pulsar Product’s PG10000B16 is a power unit that offers great value for money. It’s very capable of providing power to a large number of appliances or tools simultaneously. However, it might not be as suitable for use as a home backup generator when compared to its rivals.
The Honda EB10000 is an extremely hardwearing generator. It’s designed for heavy usage on a construction site or similar and is very powerful with a peak wattage of 10,000 watts. The EB10000 is a good choice if the generator is going to be stationary for long periods of time, as it’s extremely heavy at a massive 464 pounds.
The DuroMax XP12000EH is a massive unit. It’s got a rated wattage of 12,000 watts and is ideal for powering appliances that are rated at 10,000 watts and above. If you’re looking for a generator to power an appliance that is rated at or close to 10,000 watts, the XP12000EH is the best and safest buy.